Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Phi Mu


January 24, 2010 I was having a quite evening studying and washing clothes in the Mez. I thought my friends were practicing for Step Sing, but I felt a tap on my shoulder and was so shocked to see Laura, Sarah Elizabeth, and Chelsea! I was like okay, weird what in the world are they doing because they were just randomly talking for a few minutes. They pulled out a beautiful piece of paper asking me to join Phi Mu! I was so very excited and happy that they gave me a bid! I am also happy that I only had to go to one party and meet people and not go through “rush” again. It just finally feels like everything is going right. I am so happy and so ready to start a new chapter in my life!


wish they could have warned me so I would have at least had on makeup :)

This is just another reminder of everything I have gone through in the past year and a half. The things that didn’t work out then are even better than expected now! I came to UNA not sure if I even wanted to join a sorority. Now don’t get me wrong, my experience at UNA would have been just as outstanding if I were to not join a sorority, but I think this is going to give me a whole different experience. I will not only have lifetime sisters, but lifetime friends. I’m thrilled to learn everything and make it official! It’s even sweeter because so many of my friends are Phi Mu’s at all different school so this will just be another fun thing for us to all share!

Here’s a few fun facts:
-Phi Mu was founded in 1852 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia and is the second oldest sorority in the nation.
-Phi Mu women have been vibrant members of college campuses and we have chartered over 228 chapters
-Our Colors: Rose and White. This choice can be dated back to the early days of the Philomathean Society and was most likely made by the charter members.
-Phi Mu mascot is the lion. (I'll be a UNA lion, and Phi Mu!)

No comments:

Post a Comment