Monday, January 24, 2011

Fortune


So yesterday at P.F. Changs they brought fortune cookies at the end of our meal. Our waitress brought about 5 and there were only 3 of us. So, I snuck 2 away. I am so obsessed with fortunes. Anyways they said:
"You are never selfish with your advice or your help" I would like to think that is true about my self. I always try to help others and make them feel better. I hope I do :)

"To be mature is to accept imperfections" HOW TRUE. I think sometimes it is so hard to accept imperfections in our selves, and sometimes in the ones we love. So it takes a mature person to do so.

I looked up what the word and certain numbers meant on the back but I decided I would just stick to the saying since it makes sense to me. I almost always save my fortunes so I went to stick my 2 new ones in my HOBO, and I seriously found 8 fortunes in there.
A few favorites:
"The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more"
"Everyone feels lucky to have you as their friend"
"Past experience: He who never makes mistakes never did anything that's worthy"

I saved one to open today and it said:
"The time is right to make new friends"
I mean HELLO that is exactly what I am doing. Making alllll kinds of new friends here in Florence. I though all my fortunes were cool and kind of ironic! Is it weird that I save them?! Hope not! Im going to think of something cool to do with them... any ideas?!

For your information...

Fortune cookies are often served as a dessert in Chinese restaurants in the U.S. and some other countries, but are absent in Chine. The exact provenance of fortune cookies is unclear, though various immigrant groups in California claim to have popularized them in the early 20th century, basing their recipe on a traditional Japanese cracker. Fortune cookies have been summarized as being "introduced by the Japanese, popularized by the Chinese, but ultimately they are consumed by Americans." (got that from Wikipedia)




Valentine's gift alert! Maybe only I would like this since I love "fortunes" so much, but how cool is this! This thing weighs over 1 pound! It is 5 inches tall and 7 inches wide! That's a whopper of a fortune cookie! Inside you get to include your one message on a foot long strip of paper! I think this giant fortune cookie is adorable! It costs $29.95 and you could easily send it to any loved ones for Valentine's day! Here is the link: http://www.cookiehq.com/Giant_Fortune_Cookies_s/49.htm

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I am obsessed with fortune cookies and the fortunes. I have this huge bulletin board in my room that I used to keep all of my fortunes on. I must have had over 50! LOVED THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fortune cookies! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! : ) Looking forward to reading yours!!

    ReplyDelete