Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February

HAPPY FEBRUARY!!!!! I can't believe one month of 2011 has come and gone! It was definitely a great one and one that has forever changed my life. Lots of big events that I am so lucky have taken place!! I love February because of Valentine's Day! All the cute decorations and when I was in grade school taking valentine's to my class.. and covering shoe boxes to put all my valentine's in... I MISS IT!! haha Hopefully I'll have time to make and post some cute Valentines crafts and goodies! I'm planning on making some valentines cake balls and cookies for my friends here in Florence! They haven't tried any yet and they're begging me! I also found these super cute heart shaped cupcake/brownie tins that I think I will make brownies in! It's a fun time! Anyways for now....How cute are these butterfly valentine's!!!


BUTTERFLY VALENTINES

These lollipop butterflies make the perfect Valentine's craft for kids from SkipToMyLou.org. You can give them some personal flair with your color choices, glitter, and other drawings made just by your child. These make great favors and a different kind of Valentine's Day card that anyone is sure to love!

Materials
Printer
Colored card-stock
Wiggly eyes
Red/white/pink suckers
Tape
Scissors
Glitter/markers/crayons, if desired for decorating

Directions
1. Download Butterfly Valentine.
2. Print on colored card-stock. Pink and red are the best for this, but you can also use a variety of other colors if your child desires.
3. Cut out the butterfly and make slits for your sucker.
4. Add some decorations (cut out shapes of paper, stickers, glitter, etc.),
5. Insert sucker and then add some wiggly eyes to the top of the sucker.
6. Add a piece of tape to the back to keep the sucker securely in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment