Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Music

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I did for sure! We had Step Sing on Thursday and Friday and I loved watching all my sisters in it! Then I went home Saturday morning and was there for about 5 hours then drove to Auburn to surprise my besties! They were SO shocked! I had to tell Haley she could touch me because she looked like she had just seen a ghost! We had a blast as usual. I don't want to ever imagine my life without those girls! I made a CD to jam to on my way back to Florence and loved all of the songs. Which isn't unusual, because I often find myself saying, "Oh my gosh I love this song!" So here's a few that describe my current feelings/life situation.

Amy Dalley- I Think You're Beautiful
"And I'm not sure why I deserve this life, but I'm so thankful that it's mine"
I feel this way every single day.

Bomshel- 19 and Crazy
"Bein' free, bein' wild, bein' bulletproof. Back then we were rebels without a clue. Nothin' in the world that we wouldn't do, didn't give a da** what people say. We were doin' it, doin' it our way I wish that we could always stay 19 and crazy"
This would describe my weekend perfectly. I decided that I was only young once so I might as well just GO! 19 and CrAzY for sure!

Bomshel- Love Me For Me
"I’m gonna live my life out loud, sing the truth, lay it all right out there for the whole wide world to see and if you’re goin to love me, then you’re goin to love me for me, yeah. Ohh, I’m livin' my life day by day And I’m through basing it off what others say is right."
This goes along with the PH post. He will love me for me, or not love me at all ;)

David Nail- Turning Home

"Usually take one last pass through town stop the car and touch the ground. Watch those streetlights swayin in the breeze. Decorated store fronts, rusty old gas pumps. Try to fill my mind up with somethin before I go. Picture postcard memories you know they always make for good company. I don’t know no town, like the old town even when the miles are many I feel like I’m still around; deep inside me like rings through an oak tree. Yeah, there something bout a Sunday when I’m gone that keeps me turning home. Stories I’ll never forget and I don’t know no friends like the old friends. I never seem to laugh now Like I did with them but deep inside me a piece of history. Yeah, I hear their voices even though they’re gone and it keeps me turning home. Never twice the same way does it start and sure enough he stole my heart...."

This song just makes my heart happy. It reminds me of some of the best times I've had, so far. I was driving back to Florence on Sunday and I listened to this song probably 5 times.


Garrett Hedlund- Timing Is Everything

"When the stars line up and you catch a good break and people think your lucky but you know it’s grace it can happen so fast or a little bit late timing is everything. You know I’ve had close calls when it could have been me. I was young when I learned just how fragile life could be. I lost friends of mine..Timing is everything."

Timing is everything... so true. And I was young when I learned how fragile life is.

Gywnth Paltrow- A Fighter

“They say you get stronger in the broken places when you lean into the crisis that your facing. In your weakness your made strong. They say when you've fallen off a horse the first thing you gotta do of course is climb right back on.”

I truly believe that hard times make you stronger


So there's my playlist for the week! Hopefully I will do "Music Monday" Every Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment