- Send someone a hand written note of thanks.
- Pay for someone’s dinner
- Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
- Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
- Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
- Walk your friend’s dog.
- Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Stop and help someone replace their flat tyre.
- Let someone jump the queue at the bank.
- Pay for the drinks on the next table at a café.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
- Give a huge tip to someone when they least expect it.
- Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
- Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
- Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the past.
- Smile a lot.
- Tell all your family members how much your appreciate them.
That's just a few of the things you could do! You never know what someone is going through, and the smile you give them may be the only smile they see all day. One thing a few weeks ago that really made my day was when I found a post-it note at the gym that said, "You're Beautiful". and it had a bible verse on it. It would only take a minute to do that and stick it somewhere for someone to find. It could be just what they need to save their life, or save their day.
"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."
"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality."