Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Starting Over

Well, I had good intentions when I started this blog but I slacked off. One of my friends, and fellow blogger Ashley Ham, said she was going to start one and of course I was like, "I'm gonna start mine again too!" 

So I'm starting over and SOOO excited about it! But, sometimes new beginings are scary. This time last year I was getting ready to move to Tuscaloosa, packing up all my things, and mentally preparing to live in a tiny room with another person for around 9 months with a bathroom that was down the hall. I didn't think life would ever get any better! Definately one of the most exciting times in my life, so far, but also one of the scariest. I had NO clue what to expect and I was walking around rather clueless. There was no other option but to learn and adapt quick. No doubt- it was a great 9 months, and as much FUN as Tuscaloosa is... it just wasn't the right place for me. So I made the huge decision to not go back this fall. It was a scary decision because with every ending comes a new begining. And beginings are scary. I think its just the whole "not knowing" what is to come in the begining is the scary part. Let's be real, not knowing how things are gonna go down in many parts of life is scary. The lesson is to not that that fear of new hold you back! As all my friends start leaving home again to go back to college, I'll be staying home attending Northeast this semester. I never though I would be doing this but some things we must get out there and learn the hard way! Even though it's scary for me to be doing this all over, how WONDERFUL is it that God gives us the chance to start over brand new- each day. That's what I'm doing. Starting fresh at Northeast then (Lord willing) I'll be off to UNA in Janurary! Ohhh my how wonderful, exciting, scary, and good life is!! :)

I'll leave you with some lyrics by Bon Jovi...."Remember every new beginning, is some beginning's end. Welcome to wherever you are. This is your life, you made it this far. Welcome, you gotta believe that right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be. Welcome, to wherever you are"

No comments:

Post a Comment