Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plans

This time one year ago I did not think that I would be living back at home the next year. I don't regret making the decision to come home, but I have felt jealous of some of my friends who recently moved to Tuscaloosa. I know it was not the place for me. Sometimes we get so caught up in making our own plans for our lives. Or that's what I did. Of course I prayed about it but I had this great idea of how my life was going to be that I wouldn't even consider anything else. Now, I know that God was giving me signs all along to go look at UNA or consider staying home for a year at Northeast. I wouldn't do it. My time in Tuscaloosa was a learning experience and I grew SO SO much in my relationship with God. One Bible verse I read daily is Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 "

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Even when we think we have plans for our life, God sometimes laughs in our face because His plan is SO much better than anything we think we want. I love that. I love that there is a plan for my life already mapped out. And I love the new discoveries I make each day, each week, and each year. It is so reassuring to me that even when I am selfish and make a mistake, God is still there. "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 He loves us. Always. No matter what. And I LOVE Him.



"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment