Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornado

Yesterday, April 27 an F5 tornado ripped through Tuscaloosa, AL. We were prepared for horrible weather in here in Florence and we got so lucky that it missed us. Not completely, places around Florence are destroyed and two of my sorority sisters lost homes. I have been in prayer all day. I have never experienced anything like this. So many of my friends and family were in Tuscaloosa that I was so sick worrying about them. One guy from my hometown area lost his life. My brother told me that if he would have been 100 yards in a different direction that he would have also. I am SO THANKFUL that he is okay. I finally talked to or found out that everyone I knew was okay, and then I dropped my phone in water! So I am phoneless for the time being but its opened my eyes even more to the loss some people are dealing with right now. I can't even fathom. Please, take time to pray for all those affected. I couldn't get any of the pictures to upload but here is a photo taken from where my brother was. His car got messed up pretty badly but he is safe. Things can be replaced, but people can't. I am going to bed tonight even more thankful, grateful, and blessed.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment