Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Give up Giving up

Lent is a special time of prayer, penance, sacrifice and good works in preparation of the celebration of Easter. All day people have said, "I'm giving up facebook, or I'm giving up sweets, or I'm giving up fried food." It's 40 days- we can ALL do without something for 40 days. So much of my communication is done over facebook, I just don't see if practical for me to give it up completely. I am going to limit myself to 30 minutes. Fried foods= bye bye. And I'm going to give up giving up. Not these things of course, but giving up giving up on myself, love, my friends, my expectations. I'm not going to do it anymore. I know the Lord will bless me with all that I need and there i no reason for me to give up on those things. I want to practice the confidence that I know I have. I challenge you to do the same!

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

1 Peter 3:15


As my twentieth birthday approaches, I have been thinking about the things I have done and yet to do with my life. I am working on a MAJOR bucket list. Stay tuned!


Love y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment