Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Have you ever wanted something REALLY bad. Like you would do anything for it? Whether it be clothes, a relationship, a new car, cookies, etc. You get the picture. I am pretty positive everyone has. And sometimes, we always want what we can't have. And sometimes, we really don't want it at all. We just want to get it to say that we have it. I've struggled with that a whole lot lately. Trying to decide whether it is something I really want or if I just want to get it and throw it away.  When someone hurts you its safe to say that most people want to hurt them back. I know I do. It's not one of my best qualities and I actually feel terrible about it. But that's how I feel right now. Sometimes we are just looking for something to fill a hole in us. Shoes are going to fill it. Boys/girls aren't going to fill it. All the chocolate ice cream on the planet isn't going to fill it. Yes, we might thing these things fill it, and they may temporarily. But I can PROMISE you that an hour, week, month, or year down the road we may find that whole re opened. The only thing that will ever fill the emptiness inside of us is the love of Jesus Christ. He will fill our holes. He will love us unconditionally. All we have to do is put our trust in Him. 

"Pain is temporary, nothing lasts forever"

"When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free"

No comments:

Post a Comment